While most of us spend time swimming, there’s so much you can do in the pool thanks to pool float loungers. These are floaters made of rubber or other synthetic materials designed in the shape of your desire. You can get floaters designed as chairs, beds, donuts and many more.
You can use them for reading, storytelling, tanning in the sun or plaining lounging around in the water. There are those that allow you float completely in the water without touching it while others partially submerge you in the water. Others will keep only your head above the water. The choice is all yours.
Below, we take a look at some of the best pool float loungers for adults. With these loungers, your days will get better whether you have a pool of your own or can access one nearby. You can use some of them on lakes and other water bodies around you.
Intex 12-56475NP Swim Center Family Lounge Inflatable Pool
First on our list is the Intex Swim Center Family Lounge with 4 built-in seats for the whole family. Simply inflate it, place it on the water and let everyone from the kids to your partner get it. You can then float about on the water as you interact in family fun and games. As long as your kids are above the age of 3, they’re welcome aboard.
The four seats included are very comfortable for an inflated pool float lounge and can be used by adults as well as the children. You also get two cup holders for those who wish to float around with their favorite drink. Thanks to the sturdy nature of the material used to build it, the remaining two can place their drinks on the edge of the lounger without spilling it.
- Large size to accommodate up to 4 adult users.
- Comes with a repair patch to keep the lounger in shape when it gets punctured.
- High quality materials ensure it doesn’t get punctured when in use.
- There is an included drain plug to make it convenient to use.
- Needs a slightly larger pool to work well.
With this lounger, the whole family is in for a great treat.
Aqua 4-in-1 Monterey Hammock Inflatable Pool Float
From the first look at this pool float, you’ll see a simple hammock with two pillows one at each end. On a closer look, you realize that it’s way more than that. You can transform this float from an exercise saddle to a drifter, a chair or even a hammock in a few steps. Without ladders or barriers on either side, you can easily and quickly get off and on this pool float.
Besides this high level of versatility, you also get a soft and comfortable material made of 50% soft mesh and 50% soft vinyl. No pinching or pressure areas with this material. Better yet, this pool float can be used in the ocean, lake, pool or other favorable area. As long as you are between 4 and 6 feet tall, you’re in for a great time on this one.
- Easy to get on and off thanks to the lack of side barriers which means that you don’t need to jump off and on. This makes it convenient as well.
- Versatile as it can be used as a chair, hammock, exercise saddle or drifter without much change to the pool float.
- Given how easy it is to use this pool float, expectant mothers and the elderly can safely use it without increasing the danger they face in the water.
- Made of soft and durable materials made of 50% soft vinyl and 50% soft mesh. You can thus use it even in salt water without damaging it.
- Convenient since it can be used in different water bodies from swimming pools to lakes and even the ocean.
- Usable with a large number of users as anyone between 4 and 6 feet can use it quite comfortably. It has a weight capacity of 250 pounds which accommodates a lot of people.
- Available in different sizes to accommodate people with different needs. There is even an option for two people to use at the same time.
- No issues found.
We didn’t find fault with this float lounger thanks to its great quality and the use of a simple design.
Poolcandy Splash Runner 2.5 Motorized Inflatable Pool Lounger
Next up is the motorized Poolcandy Splash Runner Pool Lounger. With this one, you can easily move around in the pool or lake thanks to the addition of a pair of motors which can move you to the left, right, back and forth as you see fit. You have a pair of joysticks you can use to drive around the battery-powered motors to a location of your choosing.
With a weight capacity of 300 pounds (136 kg), a lot of users can enjoy this inflatable pool lounger. Even better is the fact that you can stay completely dry when using it as it provides total support for the body. There is support for the legs allowing you to stay completely dry on the water if you so wish.
- Battery-powered motors allow the user to float around in the water while driving the lounger to a position of your choosing.
- It drives in all four directions making it convenient.
- The propellers are protected to avoid any damage by dirt in the water.
- Large 300-pound weight capacity allows for use by a large number of users.
- The batteries aren’t included in the original package of the product meaning you’ll incur extra costs to buy them.
For those in need of a self-propelling inflatable pool lounger, few are better than this one.
Intex Floating Recliner Inflatable Lounge
If you ever had the idea of your favorite lounge chair floating on the water cross your mind, don’t chalk it off for being a fantasy since Intex makes exactly that. The Floating Recliner Inflatable Lounge comes with a pair of cup holders for your drink as you float around on the water. There’s also a pair of durable grab handles you can use to attach it to the boat or shore as you relax in the water.
When using the Intex Floating Recliner Lounge, you’re completely off the water but you can position your legs and arms to dip into it. You get a comfortable and sturdy back and armrest system which completes the recliner design. If you ever run into something tough enough to cut through the recliner, you will need a few minutes to patch up the tear thanks to the included repair patch.
- Comes in a full chair recliner design which is very comfortable.
- Has two durable handles on either side for tying the floating lounge to a position of your choosing.
- It comes with two inbuilt cup holders for your favorite drink and a bottle of water.
- Has an armrest and backrest making it comfortable.
- 2 air chambers make it safe such that a puncture on one doesn’t collapse the whole chair.
- Made of high quality and comfortable material to ensure longevity in use.
- Some customers complain of poor seams.
For a relaxed feeling on the water, look no further than the Intex Floating Recliner Inflatable Lounge.
Kelsyus Chaise Lounger – Inflatable
If you still want a lounge chair on the water but with more interaction with the water, the Kelsyus Chaise Lounger is the one to look for. You get a comfortable chair with an integrated backrest and ottoman for your legs to relax as well. You even get a cup holder to hold your drink each time you need both hands on the water.
When seated in the chair, your midsection and the legs are partly in contact with the water. There’s an inner spring around the edge of the lounger that gives it a great shape when in use. When you’re done using it, it folds flat for a compact design which makes it portable and easy to store.
- Provides a backrest, ottoman for the feet and cup holder for your drink hence convenient.
- Has a side clip which can be attached to a boat or other favorable location such as the dock. You can even pick one of the many Kelsyus float products to attach to the boat.
- There is an inner spring around the outside edge which ensures the lounger has the perfect shape once it’s inflated.
- When you’re done using it, it folds into a compact design which is easy to move around with and store as well. This makes it convenient.
- High quality plastic material which won’t get worn out or corroded by salty or chlorinated water.
- Slightly complex to set up.
With this float lounger, your days on the water can now be accompanied with a book and your favorite drink.
Lana Floating Seat
Next up is the Lana Floating Seat which is an inflatable chair that floats on the water. You inflate it, push it onto the water and simply take a seat on it. Half of your body will be in the water while the top half will be above it thanks to the design of the floating seat. Its marine-grade Sunbrella fabrics make sure the seat remains in good shape no matter the kind of water you will be using it with.
If you’re worried about mold or mildew growing on this inflatable seat, worry no more as it comes packed with beads that discourage the growth of mold and mildew throughout its useful lifetime. The seams have also been constructed to resist corrosion from marine water. As such, you won’t need to worry about the threads coming off and damaging the seat.
- Durable since it’s made of marine-grade threads and fabrics which won’t get corroded in salty or chlorinated water.
- Packed with foam beads which make it resistant to mold and mildew.
- Convenient since it can be used in the lake, pool or ocean without damage to it.
- Large weight capacity of 250 pounds which makes it usable with a large number of users.
- Convenient since the materials used dries and drains quickly to prevent dampness.
- Easy to use since you can easily get into and out of it.
A simple yet highly useful floating seat usable in any location you choose.
SwimWays Spring Float Recliner XL
Designed similar to the Kelsyus Chaise Lounger, the SwimWays Spring Float Recliner XL has a large volume which makes it the best for large users. You get a large seat which allows you to stay in the water with the feet and bottom slightly dipped in while the rest of the body is held above it. There is an inner spring mechanism which gives it the shape it has when inflated.
To complete its look, this float recliner has a cup holder, ottoman, backrest and headrest and will support up to 300 pounds of body weight. When you’re done using it, you can simply deflate it then fold it up into a small package that fits into your backpack. You can use it in the swimming pool or lake as recommended by the manufacturer.
- There’s an included inner spring which is sewn into the fabric to give the inflatable recliner a sturdy structure.
- Has a cup holder, ottoman, backrest and headrest which makes it very comfortable to use.
- Provides support for large users up to 300 pounds of bodyweight making it easy to use for a large number of users.
- The material used is durable to provide usage for a long period of time.
- Keeps half the body in the water allowing the user to cool off in high temperature seasons.
- Has a hook which can be attached to the shore or a boat.
- Can be used with pool or lake water which makes it convenient.
- Not the best for sea water.
If you’re a larger person in need of a pool float lounger, this one has the size and capacity to provide the needed comfort and fun on the water.
Intex Sit N Float Inflatable Lounge
Next on our list is another entry from Intex. This is a simpler design with only two pieces used in making it. The C-shaped back support comes with two cup holders and a pair of handles which can double up as anchor points to tie the lounge on a boat or the shore. While available in different colors, the top half of the material is colorless to give off a good look.
To keep it safe, the Sit N Float lounge comes with two air chambers. For this reason, one chamber getting damaged doesn’t mean you will lose support immediately. The good news is that the lounge is made of high-quality material which makes it durable thus reducing the likelihood of punctures. If ever you get a puncture, there’s a free repair kit included to patch it up yourself.
- Has a simple design which is easy to use in terms of getting on and off.
- Comes with two cup holders one on either arm making it convenient.
- The convenience is further increased with two durable hands which can be used to tie the inflatable lounge to a point of your choosing such as a boat or shore.
- Added safety thanks to the two air chambers.
- Repair patch included for ease of repairing.
- Not the best for sea water.
For a simple chill-out in your pool or the nearby lake, this one will serve you right.
Poolmaster 85687 Adjustable Chaise Swimming Pool Float Lounge, Blue
This entry from Poolmaster is one of our favorites thanks to its being large and very comfortable no matter the size of your body. You can use it while seated upright or lying down flat. Whatever position you use, you will be fully supported by the inflatable float lounger thanks to its large dimesions. It even comes with armrests to support your position.
This pool float lounger has been made with a deluxe I-beam construction. This makes it sturdy to use no matter your bodyweight. Even then, the pool float still feels great and easy to carry along once you deflate it.
- Large size for use either sitting up or reclined backwards.
- Comes with armrests and cup holders making it easy to use.
- High quality 12.8-gauge vinyl material that’s durable.
- Has a deluxe I-beam construction which makes the lounger sturdy to use.
- Not the best adjustability.
This pool float lounger suits those who don’t need much swimming but just lounging in the water.
Poolmaster Water Chair Inflatable Swimming Pool Float Lounge
Wrapping up our list of the best pool float loungers for adults is the Poolmaster Water Chair. It sets itself apart from the crowd thanks to the ability to adjust it to either a sitting or reclining position. This is made possible by the set of straps on either side which can be quickly adjusted even when you’re right in the water.
It is also one of the most durable as it doesn’t break apart when used in all types of water. Unlike the previous iteration of this lounger which did not have the reinforced stitching and the vinyl material, this one has those features making it one of the most reliable to use. Besides being highly reinforced, it also has one of the most comfortable user experiences thanks to the inflatable arms and back support.
- Reinforced seams and high-quality materials ensure it’s one of the most durable inflatable chairs you can use on the water.
- The chair can be deflated into a small size which is easily packed away for easy transportation.
- Adjustable into a sitting or reclining position as you see fit.
- It’s very comfortable given that the armrests and back have soft vinyl material which provides a soft feeling to the body when inflated.
- Convenient since it can be easily folded up into a small size for packaging and storage.
- A few customers complain of the stitching being poor.
This is an easy choice for those seeking some calm time in the water.
Any of these options should suit you well if you’re in the market for a pool float lounger. Consider the one within your budget and other aspects such as the size of the pool and the size of the users.
Factors to consider for when buying
Some aspects to consider when buying a pool float lounger include the following:
As for the design, you have a choice between loungers that keep you completely out of the water or partly in it. This depends on your preferences in terms of how you intend to use the lounger.
Size matters as it determines how comfortable you will be when using the lounger. A larger lounger allows you to sit up and recline as you please. There’s also the possibility that more people can use a larger lounger than a smaller one.
Some loungers are simple and basic while others come with a backrest, armrest, footrest and cup holders all in one package. It all depends on what you need in a lounger.
Quality of materials
The materials used to make the lounger should be durable enough to allow use in different types of water. For most of the options above, you can use it in salty and chlorinated water as well as fresh water.
These aspects should guide you into getting the right pool float lounger for your case.
Pool Float Lounger Maintenance & Care
Some care and maintenance tips for pool float loungers include the following:
- Don’t overload it by putting too much weight on it beyond its limit. You may simply sink in the water rather than being supported by it.
- Rinse after every use to wash off any salty or chlorinated water.
- Whenever it develops any punctures, dry it up then patch it immediately.
- If you’re storing the float lounger for the summer, make sure the lounger isn’t cramped up and all sweaty. In the winter, store the lounger in a cool place with a bit of moisture.
- If storing the lounger for longer, avoid folding it up as it might develop permanent creases.
With these tips, your experience using a pool float lounger will be easier and you will have the lounger for longer.