Any regular snorkeler can attest to the idea that having a good place to keep and carry around your snorkeling accessories is an important aspect of the whole snorkeling experience. Snorkel bags or backpacks play a huge role in keeping your snorkeling gear safe, organized, dry, and easy to carry from one place to another.
The best bag for your next snorkeling vacation is one that lightweight, easy to clean, made of strong and durable materials, and with enough room to accommodate all your accessories. Here is a review of the best bags plus a buying guide.
PROMATE Backpack Style Bag
If you are looking for a practical, affordable, and versatile snorkel bag, then look no further. The [amazon link=”B004FRFYHI” title=” PROMATE” /] is a perfect backpack-style choice for you.
- Two adjustable padded shoulder straps
- Protective padding
- Zipper pockets for keys and water bottle
- Exterior accessory pocket
- #10 YKK non-corrosive zipper on the main compartment
- #5 YKK non-corrosive zipper on front pocket
- Fits fins up to 29″ long
- 600 denier nylon/PVC build for added protection
- Heavy-duty PVC coated mesh insertion at top & sides
- Elastic cord on front for beach towels
- Nylon carry handle
- Includes both mesh and nylon components
- Versatile (can be used for other purposes besides storing snorkel gear)
- Excellent ventilation thanks to the mesh component
- The quality of the zippers could be better
- Several people have complained about the bottom ripping at the seams
Athletico XL Mesh Travel Backpack
The [amazon link=” B071WRCMBM” title=” Athletico Bag” /] is built for travel and convenience while hauling all of your snorkeling and dive gear. Capacity is extra large.
t is made up of quick-dry, HEAVY DUTY PVC COATED mesh and padded backpack straps, that will serve you for a substantial period of time. It is built to last.
The mesh allows for your wet gear to drain and provides air ventilation for quick drying.
The bag features multiple compartments to allow you to organize your gear all in one place.
The outer pocket is designed for regulator or computer storage while the large inner pocket can also be used to store your snorkel or additional gear.
The center, mesh storage area features a long vertical zipper to easily access the contents.
Adjustable, padded backpack straps lets you carry the bag easily. The accompanying sternum strap and waist strap add stability and distribute the weight.
US Divers Snorkel Gear Bag
If you are looking for a great snorkel bag that doesn’t cost a fortune, this model from [amazon link=”B07994LB6D” title=” US Divers” /] is a great choice. Its durability comes as a surprise, considering how affordable it is.
- Heavy-duty nylon construction with mesh panels for ventilation
- Main compartment capacity: can hold a single set of fins, snorkel, and mask
- Exterior pocket for personal items
- Backpack design
- Carrying handle and straps for easy transportation
- Great price
- Quite durable
- Decent capacity (enough to store the basic things you need for snorkeling)
- Might not be ideal for other activities besides snorkeling
- Might not accommodate average/large-sized fins, so make sure you compare measurements before buying the snorkel bag
Akona Globetrotter All-in-One Large Backpack Bag
[amazon link=” B07KL9ZTFC” title=” Akona globetrotter ” /] is a spacious waterproof backpack style designed to help you organize your snorkeling and diving fins, mask, snorkel, BC and any other accessory.
This bag can be used to store and rinse your wet salty water gear.
It also features
Adjustable compression straps that let you secure gear more effectively while also keeping the bag tight and more portable.
two external pockets that you can to store your smartphone, set of keys, wallets, or an iPod. The pockets have a pass-through for earbuds.
Cressi Foldable Mesh Duffle Bag
The [amazon link=”B07CB4YQ93 ” title=” duffel-style foldable mesh bag ” /] is made of durable polyester mesh that lets water drain easily.
It is travel bag practical to carry or rinse the equipment
Roomy and strong enough for not only a full set of snorkeling gear but also diving accessories including the usual lengthy fins.
Scubapro Mesh Sach Gear Backpack Bag
The [amazon link=” B01BUAYU3Q” title=” Scubapro’s Mesh Sach ” /] is made up of durable soft mesh material holds. It is spacious meaning that it is ideal if you more accessories. It can fold into a compact size for storage.
Main compartment handles the larger-sized gear while the front exterior pocket is perfect for small items.
Padded shoulder strap makes it easy to sling the bag for the hike down to the boat or beach.
Bag opening secures with a top rope fitted with a sliding, spring-loaded button closure.
Stahlsac Panama Mesh Backpack
If you are someone who loves to travel and go on adventures, the [amazon link=”B00BF4UC58″ title=”Stahlsac Panama” /] Mesh Backpack is your best friend. This travel destination bag provides the utmost comfort, versatility, and above all, reliability.
- Padded shoulder straps with high-density foam
- Carry handles on the top and side
- Extra durable polyester mesh
- Stahlsac unique zippered dry pocket on the inside which combines with a wet pocket on the outside
- Bottom uses reinforced 18-gauge PVC nylon
- Drawstring closure
- Allows you to wash all your gear along with your backpack at the same time
- Dries quickly after being washed
- Smart design
- Mesh-style snorkel bag with nylon-reinforced components
- Large capacity
- The shoulder straps should have been a bit stronger
ScubaMax Dive Flag Mesh Duffel Bag
This is a snorkel bag like no other. It is perfect for someone who’s always traveling with their snorkeling gear and doesn’t want anything to happen to it. Rest assured your expensive equipment is in good hands.
[amazon link=”B006MXDQ0K” title=”ScubaMax’s” /] mesh duffel dive bag is light weight, strong and incredibly durable.
It is foldable and has room to accommodate more than enough.
It has a PVC coated mesh construction with two side dive flag end panels plus a large front mesh pocket with Velcro closure.
Also has #10 YKK zippers and compactly folds up into the small exterior.
Stahlsac B.V.I. Mesh Backpack
Here is yet another great snorkel bag from Stahlsac [amazon link=”B001MUKWTQ” title=”B.V.I model” /]. is perfect for snorkeling. It is also a great choice if you want to hit the beach.
- Extra tough polyester mesh
- Drawstring closure with a barrel lock
- A single shoulder strap
- Top grab handle for easy transport
- Reinforced PVC bottom
- Available in black, royal blue, yellow, red or pink
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Allows you to rinse and dry your gear without taking it out of the snorkel bag
- Simply hanging the snorkel bag up is enough to dry it
- The single strap is a little bit short so wearing it over a coat or something bulky might be uncomfortable
Mares Cruise Mesh Duffle Bag
Sometimes you can’t decide what to take with you and what to leave behind, right? Well, with [amazon link=”B001P4FNCU” title=”Mares Bag” /], you won’t have to. You can take pretty much anything you want.
The Mares Cruise is so spacious; it can fit 2 whole sets of snorkel gear and still leave some space for other items!
- The whole bag is mesh except the cylindrical ends which are nylon
- Duffle bag-design
- There’s a wrap around the carry handles
- Large capacity
- Allows you to rinse your gear along with your bag at the same time
- Mesh can be rolled up and stored away when not being used
- Strong and durable
- Duffle bag doesn’t hold its shape
Såk Gear SnorkelSåk 2-in-1 Mesh Snorkel
Last but not least, the [amazon link=”B073V8782W” title=”SKOG Å KUST Snorkel Bag” /]. This snorkel bag might just be the most impressive one on this list.
It incorporates a unique 2-in-1 design that allows your wet gear to dry and at the same time keeps your clothes and electronics away from water.
- Patent pending 2-in-1 cinch bag design
- Reflective logo and trim
- Outer bag is made from reinforced poly mesh
- Inner part is made from 70D PVC coated nylon
- Inner bag is washing machine-safe (on the gentle cycle)
- Premium-quality materials
- Impressive design
- Reflective logo allows visibility at night and in low-light settings (added safety)
- Contains both mesh and nylon components that fit inside each other
- Limited Colors
- May not fit huge snorkeling gear
If you are looking for a small bag/pouch/fanny pack check our list of the best.
What to Look for When Buying a Snorkel Bag
Choosing the right snorkel bag can be difficult. There are tons of different shapes, sizes, models, and designs. But don’t be overwhelmed. Here are a few factors to make your decision much easier.
1. Type of Snorkel Bag
First and foremost, you have to think about the type of snorkel bag you want. This will help point you in the right direction before you start considering price range and size.
Generally speaking, there are 2 types of snorkel bags to choose from: mesh snorkel bags and nylon (regular) snorkel bags. Some bags even have a combination of both. But let’s say you are going to choose either mesh or nylon. Which is better?
Mesh snorkel bags
Well, let’s start with mesh snorkel bags. They come in all kinds of different shapes and sizes. You can find duffle bags, tote bags, backpacks, 1-strap bags, and even single bags with a drawstring. You have quite a few styles to choose from.
But let’s put appearance aside for a moment. What’s the point of a mesh bag? Well, the mesh design is meant to promote air circulation. This prevents your wet gear from getting moldy or stale when you throw them into your bag.
Another great thing about mesh bags is that they are very lightweight and don’t take up much space. This means you can also use it for other purposes besides holding your snorkel gear, like a trip to the supermarket, for example.
One downside worth mentioning is that mesh bags tend to be see-through so make sure your valuables aren’t clearly visible to everyone. Also, you should know that water and sand can drain through the mesh pores. Be careful with your carpet.
Nylon snorkel bags
The great thing about nylon bags is that they are completely enclosed. There is no mesh so the contents of your bag aren’t visible to other people. It also means that sand and water will not drain through the bag.
Nylon snorkel bags tend to offer a large storage space along with several handy compartments.
There are lots of options to choose from in terms of design. Some have zippers while others incorporate quick-access tie strings.
You can also choose between different strap designs like the single strap that goes across your shoulder and the double strap that acts as a backpack.
But of course, like the mesh snorkel bag, nylon snorkel bags have a few downsides, as well.
For example, if you keep wet gear inside your nylon snorkel bag, it can get moldy. That means you have to clean and dry your gear before putting it back into your snorkel bag, which can be time-consuming.
Another important factor to consider when choosing your snorkel bag is size. You want something that can hold all of your equipment, not just a few.
Your fins are probably the largest piece of equipment you have. Make sure they fit comfortably into your snorkel bag and still leave some space for other gear.
If you plan on using your snorkel bag for other purposes, like using it as a regular backpack, then you might want to opt for a smaller size. Lightweight snorkel bags are more portable and easier to move with.
When deciding on size, it ultimately comes down to a few questions:
- How much equipment are you going to put in it?
- How long are you going to be carrying your snorkel bag?
- Do you need your snorkel bag for other purposes, as well?
This one is a no-brainer. Your budget is one of the most determining factors when buying a snorkel bag. Keep in mind that snorkel bags aren’t usually that expensive.
Of course, the more features, options, and compartments it has to offer, the more the bag costs. Think about how much you are willing to spend on a bag before searching for one.
And remember, a snorkel bag can make your life easier and can keep your equipment safe.
A Final Word
For the snorkel-loving traveler who is always on a new adventure, a snorkel bag is invaluable. It will save you a lot of time, money, and effort. It makes sure you never forget your gear and nothing ever happens to it.
A bag acts as storage and transportation buddy. You take it with you wherever you go. This means it should be light-weight,strong and durable.
It should be able to accommodate more than just accessories. For instance, it should come with compartments for water bottles and food.
You should also be able to find watertight pockets to keep your wallet, documents, keys, medications, and cell phone dry. Good Snorkel bags basically make sure you have everything you need, all in one place.
All you have to do is choose a good snorkel bag and you will never have to think about losing your snorkel gear ever again. If you are having trouble choosing, why not pick a snorkel bag from this list? They are definitely the best ones on the market.
Try one out for yourself today and watch how much easier your life will become with a good snorkel bag.
More about Snorkeling
- Snorkeling-Meaning, History, Application Benefits & FAQs
- Do You Need to Know How to Swim to Snorkel
- How to Snorkel Safely: Beginner, Non-Swimmer & Advanced Snorkeling Guide & Tips
- Full-face Snorkel Masks vs Traditional/Regular Masks
- How Does a Snorkel Work?
- How Much Does it Cost to Snorkel??
- Top Snorkeling Quotes, Funny Puns & Jokes for your Captions
Best Snorkel Gear
- Best Full Face Snorkel Masks
- 10 Best Snorkeling Fins
- Best Snorkeling Vests/Jackets: Inflatable & Buying Guide
- Best Underwater Cameras for Snorkeling
- Best Snorkeling Water Shoes for Women & Men + Buying Guide
- How to Clean a Snorkel Gear: Snorkel Mouthpiece, Mask, and Fins
- Complete Snorkeling Gear Guide: Choose the Perfect Equipment for Your Next Underwater Adventure
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Details here