When most people hear of underwater treadmills (for those who have), they think of how such a machine can help become physically fit given the behavior of water. They’re both right and wrong since you can benefit from the machine or not depending on your current physical state.
Underwater treadmills are meant to help you restore the normal functioning of injured joints and other parts of the body without much strain. When looking for one, the best five you should consider include Aquabilt A-2000 Exercise Swimming Pool Treadmill with Removable Handrail, Aqua Creek Underwater Treadmill, POOLTREKKING MIAMI, AquaSizer Underwater Treadmill, and the Flip N Go Underwater Treadmill.
The underwater treadmills work well given that the buoyancy of the water reduces the strain on the user. For healing joints and those with an advanced age, it’s the perfect workout machine. Five of the best underwater treadmills include the following:
1. Aquabilt A-2000 Pool Treadmill with Removable Handrail
The Aquabilt A200 comes first on this list owing to its great features which will ensure your treadmill lasts a lifetime and gives you great underwater workout sessions. It’s made of quality and durable materials that will stay in working conditions for years on end even when the machine stays in your pool all the time.
It weighs about the same as the AquaSizer and has dimensions of 47 by 29 by 48 inches for the length, width and height respectively. It has a weight capacity of 300 pounds and will thus accommodate a majority of the users.
- Minimal maintenance needed for the machine.
- Has wheels for ease of movement.
- Comes with a 3-year warranty hence gives you peace of mind.
- Easy to assemble and maintain.
- Has durable materials that don’t break or wear out easily no matter the nature of use.
- Features a removable handrail for when you deem it fit to use or remove it.
- Must be assembled before use.
2. Aqua Creek Underwater Treadmill
An easy candidate for the top spot, the Aqua Creek underwater treadmill offers you the chance to work out under water with an even larger weight capacity than the other names on the list. It’s made of the same high quality materials in high-end underwater treadmills which include stainless steel and PVC. These ensure the machine stays in great condition for years on end.
While only tipping the scale at 58 pounds, the Aqua Creek can support up to 330 pounds which is even higher than the first two entrants on this list. This aspect makes it great no matter how heavy you are. Besides that, it measures 51 by 25 by 23 inches for the length, width and height respectively. As such, it’s a relatively large capacity treadmill although slightly narrower than the others on this list.
- Comes with a unique set of wheels that makes it easy to move around.
- Weighs only 58 pounds for ease of movement.
- Large 330-pound weight capacity.
- Durable parts that won’t break or wear out easily.
- You can adjust the water resistance for the workout sessions.
- The handle is also adjustable.
- Not as wide as the other options on the list.
3. Flip N Go Underwater Treadmill
Rounding off our list of the best five underwater treadmills is the Flip N Go underwater treadmill by H2OGym. With a long experience in creating top-notch workout machines, H2OGym made a one-of-a-kind machine in this one.
It comes in premium stainless steel materials for sturdiness and longevity. It weighs just 56 pounds and measures 43 by 28 by 48 inches for length, width and height. With a weight capacity of 300 pounds, this underwater treadmill is one you’ll use no matter your physique.
- Long handrails providing the needed stability when working out.
- Easy setup.
- Study and long-lasting treadmill for long term use.
- Easily folds for transportation.
- Needs monthly cleaning to keep in good condition.
4. PoolTrekking Miami Underwater Treadmill
The PoolTrekking Miami under water treadmill is great for restoring joints and other injured parts of the body in shallow waters. As such, the water is recommended to reach your waistline level for the optimal results.
It has quality materials such as stainless steel and high-grade PVC combined with Santoprene for a long-lasting experience. It features unique feet that make it steady no matter the type of material on the floor of the pool you’re using. For movement, it has a pair of wheels on one side. There’s a handrail that provides stability and for safety as you work out.
For these reasons, the PoolTrekking Miami underwater treadmill has been recommended for professional use such as hotels, spas, fitness and rehabilitation centers. The attention to detail is enough to make it safe for use in such circumstances.
- Professional features for the best experience.
- Great ergonomics for ease of use.
- Best for use in highly delicate situations.
- High quality and durable materials for longevity.
- Supports less weight than the other entries on the list.
5. AquaSizer Underwater Treadmill
The great qualities of this underwater treadmill have earned it a substantial amount of positive feedback in most online stores and is highly recommended by the medical fraternity. It’s simple in nature and easy to use as it requires no assembly to start using.
As for the dimensions and weight, it weighs 62 pounds and measures 48.25 by 27.25 by 12.75 inches for the length, width (breadth) and height respectively. This means that it’s not a burden to move around. Even better, it comes with wheels to easily move it around. The size is enough to accommodate a large number of people. With the weight capacity rated at 300 pounds, these attributes make it appealing to a large group of users.
Given that it’ll be mostly under water, the AquaSizer treadmill is made of materials that last without rusting or spoiling in any manner. Maintenance is also low owing to the lack of electric parts or motors and other complex moving parts. If you’re wondering how you’ll be balancing in water, it comes with a handle for that.
- Simple structure that doesn’t require assembly or repair.
- No electric or complex parts hence easy to maintain.
- Moderate weight for ease of movement yet heavy enough to stay in one place when working out.
- Wheels for ease of movement.
- Durable parts that don’t rust or wear out easily.
- Perfect dimensions and 300-pound capacity which includes a majority of the people.
- Only suited to shallow waters.
Bonus: Endless underwater treadmill.
The underwater treadmills on this list are the best you can get on the market at the moment. If new ones arrive that have compelling aspects, be sure to check back as we’ll highlight them here.
Underwater Treadmill Buy Guide
When in the market for an underwater treadmill, the factors to consider include the following:
1. Construction Materials
The first thing with underwater treadmills is that they’re going to stay underwater for a significant amount of time. As such, you need materials that can withstand these conditions. While swimming pool water is fresh, the chlorine in it can be quite destructive if you down get a quality treadmill.
For this purpose, get materials such as stainless steel and PVC of a high quality finish.
There’s a major dilemma here given that there are two ways to look at it. On one end, underwater treadmills are heavy and will thus be difficult moving around fully assembled. You may thus choose not to buy a preassembled one. On the other hand, the process of assembling can be quite tedious and is viewed by many as hectic and costly since it may require an expert to perform.
However, with most underwater (and just about every treadmill) coming with wheels to move them around, it’s much better to have a preassembled unit for use.
3. Size and Weight
Another dilemma is choosing the weight of the treadmill. If it’s too heavy, it’ll be too much of a hassle moving it into and out of the water. When it’s too light, however, it’ll likely move about in the water. You therefore need a treadmill that gives you the perfect balance of weight and functionality.
The same goes for size. While a small treadmill will be easy to move about, it may not accommodate all users since size relates directly to weight.
4. Comfort and Flexibility
Among the comfort areas to consider include the parts that are adjustable such as the angle of inclination for the belt, the height of the handrail, and the speed of the treadmill. If you can get a treadmill with as many adjustments as possible, you’ll be on the safe side.
5. Other Features
Other aspects include the removable and replaceable parts, the color, and the length of the warranty. Find one whose parts you can easily replace, whose color matches that of your pool, and one with the longest possible warranty. This last aspect is usually a vote of confidence from the manufacturer of the quality of their products.
All in all, finding the best underwater treadmill requires knowing the exact issue you have and how the treadmill will solve it. The five options on this list are the best no matter your reason for getting the underwater treadmill.
- Best Underwater Pool Bikes
- Different Types of Swimming Styles & Techniques
- How to Clean a Pool without a Vacuum
- How to Shock a Pool
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Details here